Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ahhh Spa

A client I have had for a long time was ready to tackle/update her master suite....We decided on a spa blue color and went from there....

First things first....Here was her bedroom before....That Ralph Lauren pattern was soooo popular for sooo long but it was time for it to go....


My client loves toile, so I was very excited when I found this for her...


As you can tell she loved her swags so we kept them just like they were but did them in the spa color.

Then we tackled her loveseat that is in her master bedroom...She said that all her grandkids while they were growing up always slept on this loveseat when they stayed the night.


But now the kids are older and braver to sleep upstairs and so we can do a more adult color on her loveseat....This fabric is sooooo soft and luxurious, I wish you could feel it from your computer monitors.


So the bathroom was all cultured marble and I had a pretty tight budget on this bathroom but we needed to add more than some paint to really make a difference....So the first issue I had to tackle was this SILLY cultured marble area of the floor I guess that was to protect the floors originally...Not sure?


I was told that the floors had to stay BUT of course I couldn't find a perfect match, so I recommended we enlarge the shower and the tub deck and bump it up to the original tile floors...And it worked, they love it!

I was able to find a tile that was close enough for the vertical tiles that bumped up to those floors, can you tell?  None of us could.

Oh and by the way that is an air bath, which my client has already have several baths in and is in love.

Before:  Not horrible, just boring right?

After:  Fresh!

Before: Close up of cultured marble shower

After...See any differences? 

Can you really have enough shower heads and body sprays when building your own spa?

Before: Vanity

After: Vanity...My client repainted and upholstered the vanity chair herself, nice right?

So my client has always loved polished brass but I convinced her to go with the Moen Antique Bronze for a more updated look...She loves it.  



In person it actually has a bit of silvery tones to it, can you tell from my photos?

We got this job done right in time for Thanksgiving and her house full of 25 guests!  She later told me her master suite was a huge hit with the family...My work here is done.

What do you think?

8 comments:

STARDUST said...

Nice touches of change! Very good!
Love, Olga

Unknown said...

Wow! Everything is gorgeous! Love, Love your bathroom! I just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you find time to do the same.

Ann Jones said...

Looks great, I love the bathroom, the shower looks awesome! Great job!

SupermomToki said...

Every transformation in the different rooms creates a tangible feeling of invitation, relaxation and simplification. Not overly done yet very elegant and beautiful. Love it Marie. You're awesome.

Carpet Cleaning Chicago said...

This home is so so so pretty I like to say that your post is very interesting and informative and everyone will love to visit your blog.
Thank you for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I have recently been looking for facts about this question for a while and yours is the best I have found so far.

bbrunophotography said...

LOVE the updated bedroom in soft silvery tones. The bathroom is so beautiful now, I think I'd have to take my Kindle in there and park for a while. Your work is beautiful, Marie.

Anonymous said...

I think other web site proprietors should take this site as an model, very clean and great user friendly style and design, as well as the content. You're an expert at this stuff!